Decorating & Furniture/jenny, is there a limit as...

Question
jenny, is there a limit as to how many questions i can ask you?  just blow me off if you want.  but here goes.. i am looking at a dark shade of gold to go in my house to paint the same color thru-out at least 65%. this is an 8 foot ceiling ranch home with okay natural light. We are adding alot of lighting, track, recessed, cans, etc.  Do i have to paint a light shade of paint throughout?  i dont like light colors, i like rich warm colors.  this color is called bosc pear and is a rich gold by sherwin williams. A designer told me it was fine to use it and to just stay with the same trim color throughout also. just not sure i believe him.   i am trying to achieve unity throughout this house. i will use a couple more colors too that will be different but the main part of the house i want to do gold.  can you help me again.  thanks chris

Answer
Hi Chris,

I feel like we're old friends, and "no" there is no limit on questions.  Actually, I have a lot of repeat "questioners" and have developed a good rapport with them.  Now to your question.  

The color you describe is beautiful.  While I don't have a SW color wand at my desk, I feel confident that the color will work well for you.  Avoiding pastels is fine.  I personally don't care too much for them either, but I have a great respect for those who do. If you like the color - use it.  It will be fine.  Keep your trim colors from room to room the same however.

If unity is what you are looking for, you will have it with continuous color across rooms.  Changing colors for kitchens, bedrooms etc. is fine and as long as the colors blend, you'll be fine.  Again - keep the trim color consistent throughout your home for the best look.

Write anytime - always glad to help.
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik