Decorating & Furniture/kitchen

Question
Hi Jenny!  It is pretty difficult to ask about what I need help with without being able to send you photos of my kitchen.  Would that be possible? - I do have a digital camera.  Basically, I am wanting new countertops and a backsplash and am having difficulty deciding on a color for the granite tops and type of backsplash design.  My cabinets are cherry stained and the doors are solid wood. (I don't LOVE them, but they are nice cabinets, not outdated and I cannot paint them because the inside framing and shelves are that melamine stuff - not a good idea to paint that!)  Anyway, I am wanting to paint my walls a warm yellow/golden color to really bring out the color of the cabinets.  What color granite do I use?  I don't have great lighting in my kitchen and a dark green for the counters(which I DO like), just seems so "out", so "traditional", a little too traditional!  I'd really need to send you pics so you could give me better advice.  Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Answer
Amy,

Take a look at Silestone, available at Home Depot.  It comes in some yummy colors and is the most durable product on the market.  Go with a "butterscotch" shade to enhance the natural shade of your cabinets and will look stunning with yellow.

Jenny

PS:  Green is an option and will look VERY traditional with your cabinets. I would not recommend pairing it with the yellow however.  You might also check out the black silestone.  It's wonderful as well, and would work with yellow.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik