Decorating & Furniture/kitchen

Question
please offer your advice regarding my kitchen...I have a medium colored hickory laminate picked out for the floor, but also really like natural maple cabinets.  I know there is a trend to mix woods, and I don't want dark cabinets, but can I mix the two woods as well as different color finishes?  I don't know if the natural maple is too modern for the more rustic floor?  I don't want a light floor. I would like to use brushed nickel hardware/lighting in the kitchen as well as stainless steel appliances.  Please give me any advice you have.  

Answer
Hello,
As you've selected a hickory floor (which is quite beautiful) why not visit the cabinet supplier and take home both a maple door and a birch door.  Selecting the color finish is the deciding factor in my opinion.  The hickory floor allows you many choices of stains for either wood and you can still keep your cabinetry light in tone.  Don't forget to select the doorstyle that best suits the rustic theme.

I like the contrast of stainless steel and brushed nickel with the hickory.  Good choice!

Have fun!
Alicia Valair, CKD, CID, Allied Member ASID

Decorating & Furniture

Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID