Decorating & Furniture/kitchen

I am redoing our kitchen.I have chosen medium maple stained cabinets and limestone flooring with stainless steel appliances.I am looking at countertops now and like the black galaxy granite but am scared it might be too much.My kitchen is 22 x15 including the eating area,with two goodsize windows.Also if I go with the black-what color walls?Thanks

Black is a great neutral color and a touch of black in every room is a great anchor.  With the color combination of maple and black, you could use virtually any wall color that you happen to like except yellow.  Yellow tends to washout the maple cabinetry.  A safe look for color fearful folks would include a khaki or taupe wall color with bright white trim.  You could also use a yummy sage green with bright white trim or even a pale to medium icy blue.

Hope this gets your creative juices flowing.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology