Decorating & Furniture/kitchen

Hi Andrea,
Can you mix stainless steel appliances with bronze faucets and cabinet pulls?  
P.S.  My cabinets are dark stained.  Any suggestions on the pulls?
Thanks much,

Hi Stacey

I don't think I would mix them.

To me, stainless steel seems appropriate in a very modern kitchen whereas brass fittings and dark cabinets seem more of a traditional or country style so I don't think the two can be successfully mixed.

Do you need to change the pulls?  If they match your faucets, I would be inclined to leave them as they are.

You may find that adding new window treatments or flooring will give your kitchen a lift and a gold-y yellow would of course highlight your brass fittings.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit