Decorating & Furniture/kitchen

Question
Hi Andrea,
Can you mix stainless steel appliances with bronze faucets and cabinet pulls?  
P.S.  My cabinets are dark stained.  Any suggestions on the pulls?
Thanks much,
Stacey

Answer
Hi Stacey

I don't think I would mix them.

To me, stainless steel seems appropriate in a very modern kitchen whereas brass fittings and dark cabinets seem more of a traditional or country style so I don't think the two can be successfully mixed.

Do you need to change the pulls?  If they match your faucets, I would be inclined to leave them as they are.

You may find that adding new window treatments or flooring will give your kitchen a lift and a gold-y yellow would of course highlight your brass fittings.

Kind regards,

Andrea  

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston