Decorating & Furniture/kitchen colors

Question
I have moved in a home recently and am going to re-do my kitchen wall colors.  It has all white cabinetry (beautiful & brand new) with light pink Corian countertops trimed in dark brown.  2 large windows overlook the woods and creek.  A window seat is under 1 of the windows. The dimensions of the kitchen are 17' x 12 1/2.  Presently there is a medium blue wallpaper going up from the bottom wainscoated with a delicate flowery pattern the rest of the way.  I prefer colors in the kitchen to be of warm value so can you help with the palette?  My style is French country and the whole house resembles a Swiss chalet.  I plan on re-doing most of the walls and carpeting colors as 90% of the walls have wallpaper on them. So much wallpaper!!!! My question..what colors to put with the pink Corian?  Thank you

Answer
The pink can be disguised by adding more of the chocolate brown into the mix.  Get rid of the wallpaper.  It sounds way too busy.  You may consider using shades of gold, browns and even touches of pale rust.  These are all warm colors and will bring out the beauty of your cabinets.  White or off-white walls won't cut it here.  The lightest I'd paint would be taupe.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik