Decorating & Furniture/kitchen floors

Question
I have chosen natural oak kitchen cabinets with dark bronze hardware and Pionite "smoke granite" laminate countertops. It's an open floor plan with an eat-in dinette. The pool enters the dinette area through double french doors. Shoudl I use solid hardwood, engineered hardwood? If so, should I try to match the cabinets or not? Or should I use porcelain tile? If so, what color?

Answer
Your kitchen sounds great looking!  As for your dinette area, you can use either wood, laminate or tile.  Since the pool traffic heads that direction, you may prefer to use either a laminate (comes in wood or tile surfaces) which does not stand up to "standing" water, but does ok with drips; or tile.  Tile stands up to anything and is easy to clean.  

If you opt for wood or wood laminate and it's in the same area, I'd probably suggest matching the cabinets.  If you opt for tile, use a neutral color like a taupe or brown to coordinate.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik