Decorating & Furniture/kitchen paint color

Hello Jenny, from a fellow Jenny!  Thanks for your time.  I have a new kitchen
with dark red stained cabinets, quartz countertops which are black, green,
and gold, and ceramic tile floor which are green also, with some rust
elements.  The cabinets knobs and appliances are brushed stainless steel.  I
would like to paint and also eventually do a tile backsplash.  Any suggestions
for the kitchen paint color and backsplash colors?
Thanks again!

Hello...and I'm a Jennifer as well!  Thanks for your question.  For kitchen paint color, I'd consider a sagey green (not dark, more toward celery) ......for the backsplash, I'd opt for glass tile (if that's affordable) in an irredescent rust.  I love the rust and green combination, so if you can't afford to do glass tile, consider using a rust or even a pumpkin or nutmeg shade for the backsplash.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology