Decorating & Furniture/kitchen wall color

Question
I painting my kitchen, my home is a little outdated I might add.  The floors are hardwood, and the countertops are orange.  Any suggestions for what color to paint the walls would be much appreciated.

Answer
Hi Erin,

With orange countertops I would strongly suggest you keep to very light colors on the walls. Not necessarily bright white but whitish if you understand what I mean. That means you should look for colors such as bone white, cafe latte, even a very light grey shade might look very attractive. If you feel the slightest bit uncertain about your choice of color, buy a small jar and paint an area approximately 1 sqm. It is a very big difference between looking at colors on pictures and looking at colors on larger surfaces such as a wall.

Best of luck!

/Linn

Decorating & Furniture

Linn Arvidsson