Decorating & Furniture/kitchen

Question
I have a small kitchen 14'x 8' We just got a new range & Frig in biscuit the top of the range has taupe burners. My question is conter tops? Basically the kitchen is bisquit. I want new counter tops and new tile on the back splash.Should I go with a taupe counter top and mix the tiles on the splash with light & taupe or a light counter top w/ taupe sink and mixed tiles?

Answer
Dear Priscilla,
     I think that you should choose a countertop that has darker tones of biscuit or taupe. Here is an example.
http://www.geocities.com/rminteriordecor/brown.jpg
You want to have some contrast and interest. You didnt say what your cabinets looked like so I assumed that  they were biscuit. If they are a different color I can change it to what you have and find a better match. Its hard to say what will look nice without seeing an image. You can send images to rminteriordecor@yahoo.com and I can try to further help you pick the best tile. Good Luck!

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID