Decorating & Furniture/kitdhen

I just bought a home and would like to update the kitchen and baths the cheapest way possible. All three have square tile 3/4 of the way up the wall. There are in great shape, the grout in excellent condition and do not want to replace them.Looking for and ideas you have.Kitchen has yellow tile with outdated wood cabinets, one bath has brown tile and the master bath has pink (I love the color). Any suggestions you have would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Diane,

Well, paint is the cheapest way to change a room. In the kitchen with yellow tiles, try painting you cabinetry a crisp glossy white.

In the bathroom with brown tile, try putting a nice taupe on the ceiling. in the pink bathroom try a red on the ceiling or if you don't want to be that daring go with an eggshell.

Another cheap thing to do is window treatments, and area rugs as wall as new fixtures such as lighting, handles and twoel holders.

Good luck and thanks for writing, Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell

I can answer any questions on interior design including color, room arrangment, floor and space planning, lighting, fabric, furniture, and where to buy home decorating products.

Residential design and Architecture as well as landscape design, visual merchandising, and sales.

College graduate