Decorating & Furniture/laminate floor color tones

Question
Benjamin,

I have remodeled a rambler.  kitchen cabinets are natural hickory, tile floor rocca grey, walls tan in kitchen and dining leading to living room which is painted olive green or simalar, Trim is white. all rooms connect and are open.  now for my laminate which will cover the remainder of den, living room and hall, window from living room and den to the south.

country setting

Answer
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your question.

Right now, it is very popular to have darker flooring. By doing this it will actually make the space look bigger and more expance (expecially in the kitchen where you have cream walls. If dark floors don't do it for you, then go totally opossite and install very light (almost natural) floors. This will look great with your olive walls anbd hicory cabinetry.

Suggestion: Get those two samples and bring them home and see how they look in your light! It is you best bet.

Thanks again and as always I encourgage you to send pictures of your completed project to: benctt@aol.com anytime.  

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell