Decorating & Furniture/leather color

I have a bright red living room, that I'm wondering which color leather will look best in.
Dark brown, or black

We have a white brick mantel, and lots of white trim at the top and bottoms of the walls.

I'd like to use colorful suzani accent pillows that are black, white and lots of other bright colors.  I'd like to do a natural sisal or seagrass rug.

Based on your description I'd have to say go with the black, although if I were purchasing expensive leather furniture, I'd probably opt for a more subtle color shade that would work long after the red is gone.  Granted, black goes with virtually everything, but I'm fearful you may tire of it over time.  My choice would probably be taupe, and I'd add accent colors through less expensive accessories.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology