Decorating & Furniture/leather furniture

Question
I have chocolate brown leather furniture in my living room. The dining room is connected to this room. The walls are now eggshell in color. I would like to change this color on the walls and add an accent wall. The furniture in the dining area are also dark in color. What could I paint my walls and the accent wall to make both rooms look elegant.  

Answer
Thanks for writing and for your question.  Rather than simply suggest a paint color, let me suggest a mood or two, and then you make the final color choice.  First of all, if your tastes run toward traditional your preference will probably be a warmer color scheme; if you prefer modern or contemporary styling you'll opt for a cooler palette.  Either can look "elegant" and that depends more on the styling and accessories you add after the paint color.  

Traditional styling works well with a butterscotch shade of yellow/orange or even taupe. A contemporary or modern approach to the room suggests a pale baby blue or pale green like celedon.  

If you're opting to paint an accent wall, then make it a darker shade of the color you use on the rest of the space.  And since the rooms connect, make both rooms the same color + your accent wall.  You can add that accent color via accessories in the adjacent room(s).  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik