Decorating & Furniture/lighting fixtures and finishes

Question
Help!!
My husband and I are building our dream home,and I need to pick out lighting for the house.
I need to know if the finishes on the fixtures should all match. I have traditional, but very eclectic taste. Also, should you match your counter tops with the flooring tile.

Thank you!
         Carolyn Jordan

Answer
Dear Carolyn Jordon,
   I think since you have a traditional style I would try to keep with the same finishes for fixtures to keep it more formal. You also have an eclectic taste, so I dont think it would look bad if you had two different finishes. I dont believe you should have match your countertops with flooring tile. I actually think it looks better if it isnt the same. Hope this helps, and feel free to ask any more questions.

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor
http://www.geocities.com/rminteriordecor

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID