Decorating & Furniture/too many lines angles-how to lay hardwood

Question
floor jpeg
floor jpeg  
I've attached a detailed diagram of all the walls that do not line up, multiple angles, and intricate tile foyer.  Question is how to lay oak hardwood floor - what "angle", and possibility of combining tile/wood in kitchen?  would that be TOOOOOO much?

Answer
My first choice would be to continue the tile through the kitchen in whatever tile is the most solid looking and not continue the decorative tiles. I wouldn't suggest hardwood flooring in the kitchen unless your getting some sort of laminate because it doesn't hold up well in wet locations. If you are doing the wood I would not angle it because its looking too busy. I would just keep it horizontal. I don't think it will look boring.

Rachel Mallon
http://www.roominabook.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID