Decorating & Furniture/too many lines angles-how to lay hardwood

floor jpeg
floor jpeg  
I've attached a detailed diagram of all the walls that do not line up, multiple angles, and intricate tile foyer.  Question is how to lay oak hardwood floor - what "angle", and possibility of combining tile/wood in kitchen?  would that be TOOOOOO much?

My first choice would be to continue the tile through the kitchen in whatever tile is the most solid looking and not continue the decorative tiles. I wouldn't suggest hardwood flooring in the kitchen unless your getting some sort of laminate because it doesn't hold up well in wet locations. If you are doing the wood I would not angle it because its looking too busy. I would just keep it horizontal. I don't think it will look boring.

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book