Decorating & Furniture/living room

i just purchased a new living room set,which consists of a couch 102in and two chairs in a 1/2 and alarge ottam to take the place of a coffee table. 2 glass end tables which are tall and are a shade of green and a sofa table with glass on top that is a moon shape. my furniture is dark red . we purchased this through ashleys furniture. it' called seinna. my problem is what color do i paint the walls and window casings. also inside door. i have knotty pine built in for tv. my colors through out the house have gold,sage green and shades of red with knotty pine walls. except for living room. the couch has hints of green and gold shimmer. what about curtain or blinds. also have a large mirror on one wall. thanks holly

I have three color suggestions for your walls - select the one you think you'd be happiest with.  Taupe, sage green or a medium to pale gold.  

For your window casings and doors, use a bright, crisp white.  

Window treatments can be curtains, blinds or a combination of both.  Since your style seems to be more modern than traditional, you may want to consider white wood blinds and tailored curtain panels that incorporate all your colors - green, gold, sage, red.  These could be abstract, striped or florals depending on your preference.  

Hope this helps you!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology