Decorating & Furniture/living room

my colorless living room
my colorless living ro  
Attached is an image of my living room. it is basically a blank slate, i cannot change the wall colour, however i have purchased a entertainment centre (in image attached) for the TV. I LOVE BRIGHT COLORS !, and i really think this room needs a lot.
My problem is i want to add sheer / silk curtains (not drapes) but am at a loss what colour to use. can you suggest the type of rod that would go well with all colours .I hate my cushions. What is a good color(s) to replace the patterned ones with?  
I am also at a loss as to what else will fit in the space so it can look homely. i dont even know what my style preference is but i really love an uncluttered, practical and simply designed home that still is attrative. i really need your help

Hi Debbie

I think you could pretty much go with any bright color here - what do you like?

Bright pink?  Red?  Orange?  I think your difficulty is that you have too much choice and don't know where to start.

You like bright color but also like an uncluttered look so I suggest that you find a fabric that isn't too heavily patterned - more geometric than floral - and use that to get you started on a color scheme.

For example, let's say you wander round your local fabric warehouse and the fabric that catches your eye is this one:

Make a few cushion covers for the sofa in that fabric:

and also a few in a plain fabric using one of the colors in the striped fabric - the pink is probably best.

Paint three of the walls in a neutral creamy color and the fourth wall in the same shade of bright pink.

What color are the handles on the entertainment center?  Whatever they are, I suggest you stick with that for your curtain rod.  If you are not keen on that then I suggest you get plain wooden ones (unvarnished) and paint them with the same paint as the walls so they virtually disappear from sight.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit