Decorating & Furniture/living room

Question
my colorless living room
my colorless living ro  
Attached is an image of my living room. it is basically a blank slate, i cannot change the wall colour, however i have purchased a entertainment centre (in image attached) for the TV. I LOVE BRIGHT COLORS !, and i really think this room needs a lot.
My problem is i want to add sheer / silk curtains (not drapes) but am at a loss what colour to use. can you suggest the type of rod that would go well with all colours .I hate my cushions. What is a good color(s) to replace the patterned ones with?  
I am also at a loss as to what else will fit in the space so it can look homely. i dont even know what my style preference is but i really love an uncluttered, practical and simply designed home that still is attrative. i really need your help

Answer
Hi Debbie

I think you could pretty much go with any bright color here - what do you like?

Bright pink?  Red?  Orange?  I think your difficulty is that you have too much choice and don't know where to start.

You like bright color but also like an uncluttered look so I suggest that you find a fabric that isn't too heavily patterned - more geometric than floral - and use that to get you started on a color scheme.

For example, let's say you wander round your local fabric warehouse and the fabric that catches your eye is this one:

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=b45e7868-d35f-4477-acb5-bcef2

Make a few cushion covers for the sofa in that fabric:

http://www.decorating-vacation-property-for-profit.com/do_it_yourself_cushion_co

and also a few in a plain fabric using one of the colors in the striped fabric - the pink is probably best.

Paint three of the walls in a neutral creamy color and the fourth wall in the same shade of bright pink.

What color are the handles on the entertainment center?  Whatever they are, I suggest you stick with that for your curtain rod.  If you are not keen on that then I suggest you get plain wooden ones (unvarnished) and paint them with the same paint as the walls so they virtually disappear from sight.

Kind regards,

Andrea

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston