Decorating & Furniture/living room colors

Question
My couch and loveseat are a dark teal color, my walls are a very pale green, I have dusty rose drapes.  I want to re-carpet (wall-to-wall) but I'm afraid of what color to choose.  I can replace the drapes if needed and could re-paint the walls.  I have to keep the couch and love seat. Right now I have 1940's orchid print pillows on the couch which consist of pale to medium yellows, dark greens, and a darker dusty rose color (these pillow accents are the only item tying in my drapes I think).  Thank you in advance.

Answer
I would recommend choosing a nuetral color like beige or a pale yellow that you have in your pillows just because if you choose a color like red or blue then its going to get outdated quickly and its easier to change the color of your decor than your carpet. A lighter color also keeps the room looking cleaner and not so dark.

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID