Decorating & Furniture/living room decor

Question
We got a new home...living room 14' x 24'...
Fireplace is on back of house wall...CORNER..
then 2 windows on the rest of the back wall of house.  living room is half open to dining area
and adjoining kitchen...no wall in living room
long enough for a 89" sofa that we have.  Cannot
float as no room for table at end of sofa for lamps, etc....and it would be in the middle of
the room....right across from a door from bedroom that would mean if I come from bedroom
to go to kitchen, I would have to detour....so
walkways cut up room also.
Any ideas?
Appreicate all the help I can get.  

Answer
CG,

Thanks for writing.

The only other option I see is to slant your sofa and your whole setting arrangement (I am guessing towards the fire place. You may want to try putting the sofa on the same angle of the fireplace so it is straight on and then work your seating around that.

Good luck.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell