Decorating & Furniture/living room furniture

I have a sofa and chair with the same pattern, the material is somewhat chenille.  I have a love seat that I want to cover but what should I cover it in?  A solid color from the other chair's pattern or a figured solid color?  Thanks

With a chenille sofa and chair, you need something with a fair amount of texture and strength to it to compliment your other pieces.  You may want to consider the new micro fiber fabric for your other chair... NOT a thin or light fabric.  You could also do a textured, but not necessarily an upholstery weight fabric, in a stripe, etc.  

As always, you may want to schedule a consultation with a local designer before you make this investment.  Slip covers and reupholstery are both very expensive!!

Best of luck to you,
Julie Henry
Julie's Interior Designs
Hackettstown, NJ

Decorating & Furniture

Julie Henry

In the past 22 years, I have assisted countless residential (and some commercial) clients in the design and decorating of their homes. Within reason, I can assist on ANY question for the interior of your home. From design of a new home or addition, to layout, color, truly custom window treatments or just accessorizing... as our brochure says... from ceiling to floor, windows to walls and EVERYTHING in between... if it is for the Interior of your home, call Julie's Interior Designs. Well... you don't have to call, just write and ask!

With twenty two years of experience, 18 of them self employed with a large showroom/retail store and great staff on my team, there is little I/we haven't encountered. For several years I enjoyed being the on air "Home Editor" of the local cable station and have written a column in several local newspapers for years. Taught Interior Design at the college level. My work has been published in numerous magazines and newspapers. This is the greatest job on earth, and not nearly as easy at it looks...

William Paterson College, NJ, Ramapo College NJ, Continuing Education with trade periodicals, etc.

Multiple for custom window treatments, best local business in our county (located in northwestern NJ,) best home furnishing store in our county, etc.