Decorating & Furniture/living room paint

I have a black leather sofa and 2 hunter green leather recliners. I would love to paint and I am not sure what colors would look good with my furniture. Could you please give my some suggestions. Thank you, Sharon

Hi Sharon

My immediate thought was a warm sandy colour.

Depending on how light or dark you want to go I suggest you pick somewhere between cream and tan.  A fudge colour would be great.

You may find that you are tempted by a strong colour but think it may be too much for the room so a good solution would be to use a lighter shade on three of the walls and the stronger shade on the fourth wall.

Using Behr paint as an example, something like Wild Bamboo would be good with Lemon Souffle as the lighter shade.

There are a number of fabrics you could use to make a few sofa cushions or pillows:

and these might be worth consideration depending on the style of your home:

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit