Decorating & Furniture/livingroom has sofits; dentil mouldings

I am going to have my walls painted Safari 312-3 from Pittsburgh paint (light green color).  my wall height is 85 inches then I  have a 2 foot soffit jetting out abt 18 inches (the underneath has the ceiling material).  I am thinking of having the painters paint the wall, underneath the soffits and the side up to the ceiling  (contractor was thinking I would want to leave the soffit white as it would make the height seem more)  My idea is that taking the paint up to the ceiling would look better - what do you think? Also I was thinking not to have them sand the underneath part of soffit and just paint over it. I cannot find any pictures see how others have handled this problem.  I am also having them put in 4 inch dentil crown moulding (white to match the ceiling) this would go against ceiling on the soffit.  Is there a store you would recommend getting the moulding?  I live in a townhome 700 Square feet downstairs.

Since you are adding crown molding, I would go ahead and paint all the way up to the ceiling in the wall color.  If you were not adding the molding, I would agree that you should leave the underside the same as the ceiling.  

Al the home improvement stores sell quality moldings.  Try either Lowe's or Home Depot.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology