Decorating & Furniture/low pine ceilings

Question
Hello Benjamin,
I have just purchased a very small home and two of the bedrooms are in the basement.  These rooms have decent sized windows and light laminate floors.  My problem is that the basement has low ceilings which have been done in darker knotty pine.  Everything I read says that the ceilings should be a light color!  What should I do?  Thanks!
Jill

Answer
Jill,

Well, what you read can be true AND false. A lot of times I like using a dark colors on ceiling (even black) in basements to even out the ceiling because many times basement celings are scatered at diffrent hights. Another trick is to paint your walls and ceiling all the same color. Then there is not such a hard distinction!

As always, I enourage you to send pictures of your completed project to benctt@aol.com anytime.

Thanks again.

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell