Decorating & Furniture/I'm moving into an alcove...

I'm moving into an alcove studio apt.  So far all I have is a dark blue couch.  The carpet is a cream color.  I would like to paint the walls a smart looking taupe color but not too dark.  Can you recommend a brand of paint and a color?  Thanks for any help.

Thanks for writing and for your question.  You came to the Queen of Taupe for the answer!  I "love" that color and have recommended this one to many who have written in.  It's called "Toasty Grey" and made by Glidden.  It's my favorite and just so you know, it's more "toasty" than it is "grey".  It's beautiful and will enhance your space!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology