Decorating & Furniture/master bedroom paint color

Hi Jenny,

I need help choosing a color for my master bedroom.  My master bedroom joins the bathroom aswell so whatever color is choosen will have to be in the bathroom aswell.  My hallways are a light tan color and I was going to go with a darker brown in the master bedroom.  Is that too much brown?  What other colors could I go with in the master bedroom.  My furnishings are medium colored oak and the trims and baseboards are all oak aswell.

What do you think?

You're starting with a blank canvas.  If a shade of brown is your preference, and you like the color - go for it.  You're right in carrying it into the bath as well.  There are beautiful shades of brown available.  Pick a great one and paint!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology