Decorating & Furniture/matching dark red furniture w/ walls

Hi, I have a deep red leather couch and 2 recliners. I have one swivel rocker in
a burgandy/green floral. I want to paint my living room walls a chocolate or
mocha color. what do you think???? Our carpet is off white but want to get
ride of it!

I'm a huge fan of reds, and a huge fan of chocolate brown, and they're good color combinations.  I would suggest that you consider a more "mocha" shade for the walls - chocolate is a bit too dark for the red furnishings to pop.  

Coffee with cream (mocha) or even hot chocolate (mocha) is more inviting with the red.  You'll also hate your carpet less using a paler shade on the walls.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology