Decorating & Furniture/matching decor and paint w/furniture

My husband and I own a slate blue couch and loveseat at a previous residence.  We have moved and the carpet here is brown and our table, etc. are a honey wood color, and we were trying to find colors that would compliment or furniture.  Any suggestions?

Slate blue and chocolate brown are popular color combinations these days.  My suggestion is to add a paler blue to the mix, and pull in your favorite shade of EITHER yellow or light gold OR Ivory white in accessories or throws/pillows.  

Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology