Decorating & Furniture/mixing fabrics

Question
I have chosen a chenille fabric for my sofa and two club chairs for our family room.It is a beautiful shade of "spring green"..not a dense, cushy chenille, but flat with a raised small braided diamond design.The area rug is two shades of green and aqua. I would like to have very colorful throw pillows, maybe floral or plaid, and also use one of these fabrics for an occasional chair which is also in the seating area. Would it be right to use a linen or heavy cotton on a chenille piece? I am concerened about the "weight" of these fabrics...would it be out of balance? Thank-you for considering this. Linda

Answer
Linda,

The short answer is use whatever fabric that appeals to you.  Fabrics in upholstery do not have to be the same, but rather should differ to include a variety of textures as well as color and pattern.

You were very smart to purchase those expensive items in neutral fabrics.  Now you can make a design statement with inexpensive, easy to replace (when your mood changes) accessory pieces!

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik