Decorating & Furniture/need a wall color

I live in a condo townhouse.  Our couches are a dark navy chenille ( btw - I hate blue, but we inherited the couches) and our furniture is black.  Our carpet is a light beige.  I am leaning toward a taupe or tan...any ideas for a perfect wall color?

Thanks for writing.  In my opinion, taupe is a zillion times better than tan only because it has a darker undertone and will coordinate better with your furnishings.  My favorite is Glidden's Toasty Grey (more toasty than grey) and it will be a beautiful backdrop for your furniture and carpet color.  

Glidden has local stores across the country and is also carried by Home Depot.  Check it out.  If you're not blown away by it, consider a camel or chamois brown.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology