Decorating & Furniture/An outdated kitchen with dusty rose tile

The bottom half of the walls in my kitchen is dusty rose tile.   I dislike wallpaper and I'm trying to find a relatively vibrant color to go with the tiles and I'm having a very hard time finding one.  I did, however, paint the walls with a test color of Chamois and I liked it, but no one else did.  Am I crazy because I think this color "works"?  If it doesn't work, what would you suggest.

Hi Shelley

Is the Chamois paint the same sort of color as chamois leather?  Assuming it is, I think that would look good.

The difference between something that looks right and something that just looks like an odd mix of colors is one thing that brings it all together.

Finding a fabric that you can use in your kitchen that will incorporate both the dusty rose and the chamois color will, I'm sure, convince your family that you are right.

Something like this:

seems to fit the bill and has the added benefit of looking both modern and retro so will suit whatever style of kitchen you have.

Using this fabric to make a window blind, breakfast bar seat cushions, pot holders - whatever you have in your kitchen - will look great.

Do you need new floor covering?  A light colored beech wood laminate would look really good depending on the color and style of your cabinets.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit