Decorating & Furniture/paint color to compliment my furniture

Question
I want to paint my living room, but I am having trouble finding a color to compliment my furniture.  My sofa and loveseat are a dark hunter green, and our entertainment center, bookcase and tables are medium oak wood-tones, the carpet and blinds are beige, and my lamps, mirrors, accents, etc. are black and a dull gold.  
I've thought of a golden or mustard yellow, but thought the w/ so much wood in the room it would blend too much.  I've tried an olive green, but the room looked too grassy.  Any sugestions???  Please help.
Also, what color should my curtains be?

Answer
Hi Laura,
Try using vertical stripes of light Brown and light yellow or cream. Or maybe stripes of Green and very light green.

Your curtains should match or contrast with the color of the wall. White curtains would be good, though difficult to maintain. Or else try Dark Brown curtains with a touch of ivory

Take Care

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria