Decorating & Furniture/paint color cont...

Question
Was asking about painting a rectangular room aprox. 10 X 16. Long walls have 2 doorways on one side and 2 large windows on the other. I want to paint 3 walls in camel or taupe and one wall in a deep burgundy or chocolate. which wall do I paint the darker color to make the room look larger and more square. also which color looks better with wood a medium to darker shade. sofa and chair is in black, biege  with a med blue and rose shades.  thank you

Answer
Dear Yvonne,
  Please go to this link to see images.
http://www.rmdesignco.com/yvonne.htm

I would start by choosing a camel color for the long walls and burgundy for the shorter walls. This will help make the room feel wider. Only doing one wall will not create this effect as well. I would choose a color that is a darker shade of the rose shades in the upholstery. Hope these images help and if you have any more questions or would like to see something different than please email me at rminteriordecor@yahoo.com. Good Luck!

Rachel Mallon
http://www.rmdesignco.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID