Decorating & Furniture/paint color cont...

Was asking about painting a rectangular room aprox. 10 X 16. Long walls have 2 doorways on one side and 2 large windows on the other. I want to paint 3 walls in camel or taupe and one wall in a deep burgundy or chocolate. which wall do I paint the darker color to make the room look larger and more square. also which color looks better with wood a medium to darker shade. sofa and chair is in black, biege  with a med blue and rose shades.  thank you

Dear Yvonne,
  Please go to this link to see images.

I would start by choosing a camel color for the long walls and burgundy for the shorter walls. This will help make the room feel wider. Only doing one wall will not create this effect as well. I would choose a color that is a darker shade of the rose shades in the upholstery. Hope these images help and if you have any more questions or would like to see something different than please email me at Good Luck!

Rachel Mallon

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book