Decorating & Furniture/paint color to coordinate with Mahogany cabinets and stone counter

Hi, I have chosen a mahogay laminate for cabinets and an "earthstone" laminate for countertops.  This is for a doctor's office with a very sunny waiting room but sunless exam rooms.  I would like to use cool complimentary colors to create a serene environment, and need help choosing  paint and carpet colors.  What would you suggest?   
The laminate sample colors can be seen at these links:

Hi Elizabeth

If you have a look at a color wheel like the one here
you can see that the rich red/brown of your cabinets is opposite a number of shades of green.

If you are going for a light, calming look I would suggest something like Behr's 'Kiwi Squeeze' would be good giving you enough strength of color but still being light.

I would imagine that your floor would have to deal with quite high traffic so you would probably be best to go for a dark hard wearing office carpet - probably in a dark brown shade to go with the cabinets or possibly a dark green if there is one available.

Another option for the walls would be something like Behr's 'Whispering Peach' which would really bring out the colour in your work tops but you may find this shade a bit warm.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit