Decorating & Furniture/paint color for a dark Florida condo

Hi Jenny,  I recently purchased a 1200 sq. ft. condo and it is on the bottom floor.  What paint colors give a reflective light effect.  My new draperies are silk sand color and the carpeting is beige wall to wall.  The living room, dinig room blend into each other.  The 2 bathrooms have an attractive gray and white tile which is mosaic design and attractive.  Thanks so much for any help.  Oh, and the entrance area, which is 5' by 4' is very, very dark so as you enter I always need a light there.  I love soft colors and more classic, clean lines in furniture.  Thanks so much for any help you can give.  Louann

Hi Louann,

Thanks for writing and for your question.  A great reflective color is pale yellow.  I'm talking the buttery shade.  It's beautiful, soft and warm (even though you probably don't need the warmth.)  

Another color favorite is pale icy blue.  Again, this is light reflective and a bit more of a contrast between your carpeting and the floor.  It would also coordinate well with the gray/white tile.  

Either way, you'll be successful.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology