Decorating & Furniture/paint color for a dark Florida condo

Question
Hi Jenny,  I recently purchased a 1200 sq. ft. condo and it is on the bottom floor.  What paint colors give a reflective light effect.  My new draperies are silk sand color and the carpeting is beige wall to wall.  The living room, dinig room blend into each other.  The 2 bathrooms have an attractive gray and white tile which is mosaic design and attractive.  Thanks so much for any help.  Oh, and the entrance area, which is 5' by 4' is very, very dark so as you enter I always need a light there.  I love soft colors and more classic, clean lines in furniture.  Thanks so much for any help you can give.  Louann

Answer
Hi Louann,

Thanks for writing and for your question.  A great reflective color is pale yellow.  I'm talking the buttery shade.  It's beautiful, soft and warm (even though you probably don't need the warmth.)  

Another color favorite is pale icy blue.  Again, this is light reflective and a bit more of a contrast between your carpeting and the floor.  It would also coordinate well with the gray/white tile.  

Either way, you'll be successful.
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik