Decorating & Furniture/paint color and furniture

Well,i am not able to decide on what color sofa to buy for my family room.The two adjecent walls color is kind of golden yellow sponge finsh and the highlight wall is painted dark blue which has a fire place. i have light colored hard wood floor and a 5 x 8 ethinic red and cream area rug. i have a 36" black base tv.The family room is open lay out which opens into the kitchen which has hunter green color counter tops and white tiles and white cabints.Please suggest as to what color and texture like leather or fabric or printes or solid sofa and lveseat should i buy?

Thanks for writing.

The first thing that comes to mind in brown leather. I think it would amazing with the wall colors and the flooring and the rug and it would tie in nice with the hunter green kitchen. Try a medium to dark brown leather. Nothing that is too dark that it almost looks black, but just a nice brown. Also, leather comes in so many finishes now. I suggest a dull finish and if you are into a little more rustic or country feel, try the worn leather look. It has diffrent shades and shows the splitting and lines.

Good luck.

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell

I can answer any questions on interior design including color, room arrangment, floor and space planning, lighting, fabric, furniture, and where to buy home decorating products.

Residential design and Architecture as well as landscape design, visual merchandising, and sales.

College graduate