Decorating & Furniture/paint color to go woth natural pineboard in L.R.

hi , hope you can help us out !! we have just put up natuaral pine-board in our l.r. that goes about half way up the wall .... a little taller than chair-rail......47 inches to be exact.....the room is fairly small and the main problem is we have low ceilings !!! only 7 foot thruout the house . what color/colors would go best with the light color of the pine ??? we also have a very open floor plan , l.r. , d.r. with 2 wood stoves !any suggestions would be appreciated !!we like " nature " tones as we live in the mountains of vermont .
thank you for your time .

Hey Diana

Mountains of Vermont...thats a beautiful place. See with light color of pine the best color to go would be brown or vertical stripes of light brown and light cream. You can also try chocolate color on the walls.

Considering that I have not seen the picture of your room I am not very confident to say this but I have known cases where Dark blue has also contrasted very well with pine board. But you would be the best judge for that cause I need to see the pic of your house for that.

However I am very sure this would look really good.

Take Care.

Decorating & Furniture

Sarthak Bartaria

Ask me anything that concerns the way you should design the interiors so that that they improve the ambience of your house. I can very well help you out with the ways you should use those furnitures which you thought were useless. Ask me before throwing anything from your house, may be I can help you use it better

I am in this business since past 3 years in Mumbai, India. I have a personal firm where we help people with the interior decorations of their house and offices.

Dimploma in Interior Designing from the National Institute of Designing