Decorating & Furniture/paint color

Hello, I have just been given a set of Ralph Lauren Porcelain Blue bedding set from my children and now I need to paint my bedroom.   I want to paint it a pale yellow to go with this set, but, not too sure which colour to use--we have a Benjamin Moore supplier in our VERY small town, but, the owner just sells it, and you are pretty much left to your own devices.   I would appreciate some help with the yellow, I plan on painting the trim white, and was wondering if cloud white would be a good contrast to the yellow.   I also have a pine bedroom suite with a very dark stain on it from Burlington, I think, purchased 24 years ago, a cannonball type bedframe.   I was thinking of painting it, but, would that style be okay with that decidedly oriental print--maybe I should just use a headboard? I will be lifting the carpet, and refinishing the hardwood parquet floors, and was thinking of a dark stain for them, and what about curtains, no matching ones available, so, was thinking white sheers--any help would be wonderful!!  

Select a soft shade of yellow from the Benjamin Moore collection (look at "Sundance" or "Sunburst").  The "Cloud White" will be fine with either of these.  Purchase the yellow in a satin finish, the trim in a high gloss.

You can paint your exisiting furniture if you choose, but that's a major project; you sand, clean, prime then paint.  As for your curtains, coordinate the drapery to your bed linens, and if you want sheers, white is fine.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology