Decorating & Furniture/paint color

Question
Hello, I have just been given a set of Ralph Lauren Porcelain Blue bedding set from my children and now I need to paint my bedroom.   I want to paint it a pale yellow to go with this set, but, not too sure which colour to use--we have a Benjamin Moore supplier in our VERY small town, but, the owner just sells it, and you are pretty much left to your own devices.   I would appreciate some help with the yellow, I plan on painting the trim white, and was wondering if cloud white would be a good contrast to the yellow.   I also have a pine bedroom suite with a very dark stain on it from Burlington, I think, purchased 24 years ago, a cannonball type bedframe.   I was thinking of painting it, but, would that style be okay with that decidedly oriental print--maybe I should just use a headboard? I will be lifting the carpet, and refinishing the hardwood parquet floors, and was thinking of a dark stain for them, and what about curtains, no matching ones available, so, was thinking white sheers--any help would be wonderful!!  

Answer
Select a soft shade of yellow from the Benjamin Moore collection (look at "Sundance" or "Sunburst").  The "Cloud White" will be fine with either of these.  Purchase the yellow in a satin finish, the trim in a high gloss.

You can paint your exisiting furniture if you choose, but that's a major project; you sand, clean, prime then paint.  As for your curtains, coordinate the drapery to your bed linens, and if you want sheers, white is fine.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik