Decorating & Furniture/paint colors for denim blue carpet

Question
Hi
I live in a rental that is currently all white. My dilemma is there is a denim blue industrial carpet with cream flecks in it. I need a paint color. I have a light sage chair that I love, am planning on buying a sectional and would like to know a color as well. also my living room and kitchen/dining room are all open, I am painting the kitchen too, so what would be a good color scheme?? Thanks

Answer
It sounds as though you like the sage green color.  If you do, then why not consider using a light version of it for the wall color?  Green is a cool color, as is blue, and they work well together.  

A great neutral color is taupe or khaki.  Either of these will work for you.  

As for your furniture, stick with solid colors or fabrics that have very little "activity" ... no prints or geometrics that you'll tire of over time.  You can add accessory fabrics in stripes, flowers, geometrics or plaids to your heart's content.  They're easier to replace, and it's more economical to do so.  

Hope this helps.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik