Decorating & Furniture/paint colors or faux paint

Question
Hi,  I have a open floor plan.  The living room, dining room and kitchen/great room are visible from all rooms.  My home is traditional style.  I just painnted my kitchen sherwin will. restrained gold with the complimentary red for the kitchen backsplash.  It's very nice and very rich.  now I'm trying to tie it in with the formal/entry and living.  I don't want to be gold all over.  I think maybe I should faux the main entry wall and also maybe a stripe int he dining but have no idea of what colors to use. Help?

Answer
Hi Kathie;
I can't give you any information in regard to what Sherwin Williams paint to use, because I only use Behr paint.

If you want to continue with the dramatic feeling, then you could do a black and cream stripe or harlequin diamond shape on the lower part of the wall, and cream above, with a small 1" to 2" red diamond shape every so often (the same color from the kitchen)on either the bottom or top section of the wall. Use a gold stripe, (from the kitchen) horizontal to divide the two colors.
Or you could go with two shades of the goldish yellows or a couple of bronzy shades, (between the gold and the red) & it doesn't have to be metallic to do the faux finish.
I compliment you for trying something new. Bravo!
Thank you,
Lora

Decorating & Furniture

Lora Mac Alistaire