Decorating & Furniture/paint colours

I would like to paint my livingroom a taupe colour and the trim and fireplace (wood) white.  I have white plantation blinds on my window.  The taupes I am drawn to tend to be on the grey side.  I am unsure of the white, some are too stark.  Would you suggest some colours please.  

Dear Kathie,
   Here are some gray taupe samples that you might like.

Colour: TAUPE SHADOW / 3A13-3

Colour: AC-32-Pismo Dunes

Hope this helps. If you would like me to see images please send them to I can give you some other options.  

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book