Decorating & Furniture/paint/window treatment bedroom

Hi, I have a 25 17 ft. bedroom, and large antique white bedrm. furniture. The king bed is in the middle of the long wall. A 7ft. by 5 ft. window on the far shrt wall and adjacent to that is a fieplace. creamy off white rug. I just bought a dusty paisley plum/moss green backgrd.and alittle dusty gold. I picked up up a med. hue violet-rose colr for walls, what do you think? what should I put on the lg window(shaded lite)? Now I have silowte shades. Also what can I use rug wise to put at the bottom of the bed(solid?)color? Also what wall and what color for accent wall? Trim will be white? Thank you for your service. Lois

Hello Lois,
I think the combination of white and pastels are delightful.  I'm not sure about the violet-rose hue on the walls since I haven't seen the color in person. sounds as if it complements the plum/moss green.

There's a set of colors based upon a coastal cottage theme which I love.  Available brochures are at all of the homecenters.  Check out the combinations used to paint a bedroom and see how they've contrasted hues for a relaxing impact.  

Windows are simplified in my book when you have antiques to see and appreciate.  Imagine easy access shades with a simple valance treatment.

Definitely maintain the white trim as the furniture is white.  There may not be a need for an accent wall if your fabrics are so colorful.  Just make sure you select a wonderfully delicious hue for the entire room first and then re-evaluate the accent wall.

Good Luck!
Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied ASID

Decorating & Furniture

Alicia Valair, CID, CKD, Allied Member ASID

Whole house interior space planning and decorating; kitchen layout, and design trends; residential themed environments; selecting furnishings and accessories for your lifestyle.

12 years experience as an interior designer, FIDER graduate and business owner for 5 years. Speciality area: residential interior designer, NKBA certified kitchen designer, and home office designer

Homes of Color magazine, Las Vegas Life magazine, Tucson Home and Garden magazine.

B.A. Interior Design, Marymount University, Arlington, VA