Decorating & Furniture/painting

Question
I'm painting my kitchen from a baby blue color to a dark yellow color. I've already put one coat of primer and two coats of paint,But I still see the areas that I had to patch with dry wall compound.Also, how do you eliminate brush marks when painting. Thanks

Answer
I am not sure why the paint and primer aren't covering the patching. Did your wall have a texture on it? Sometimes when houses are built, they spray on an orangecoat or different textured effect, then any patching shows because of the smooth surface of the patch. As far as brush marks, using rollers, is best to keep regularity of the surface. You can even get the small rollers to hit just below the ceiling line, and above woodwork. You want to paint wet into wet, to eliminate brushmarks. So I paint from the ceiling line to  just below the ceiling line 10 inches, then above the woodwork 10 inches, then roll between the ceiling line and the woodwork line, making a big W with the roller, then going across horizontly, then up and down, vertically, painting wet into wet. Then roller as close as you can get to the ceiling line, and the woodwork line. Painting over dark colors can be difficult. I had a deep green teal crown molding, and it took 8 coats of white paint to cover, and I even used Kilz as a primer. Good luck with your project.  

Decorating & Furniture

Karen Timpone-Hockley