Decorating & Furniture/painting

Am wanting to paint a little (like the WHOLE house!)  But in the living/dining room, I want something a little more showey,,,sponge, rag, etc, etc.  In your experience, whats something thats looks good and is SIMPLE?  Key word; SIMPLE! lol  (If I could e-mail you a pic or two of my living/dining room, would love to know what colors you would recommend.  (Seeing as how I kind of suck at decorating : /.))

Showey and easy; ok.  Sponging and ragging are simple techniques.  The only thing you have to decide is whether to sponge/rag "on" or "off".  If you prefer a bolder look, rag or sponge on; if subtle is better, rag or sponge off.  

Visit for step by step instruction.  And with any faux painting technique, use 3 colors; base coat, plus two other colors.  The last color you add to the wall is the one you will see the MOST.

Take your color cues from your favorite shades, your furniture, a favorite picture or just a color that makes you happy.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology