Decorating & Furniture/painting

Question
Am wanting to paint a little (like the WHOLE house!)  But in the living/dining room, I want something a little more showey,,,sponge, rag, etc, etc.  In your experience, whats something thats looks good and is SIMPLE?  Key word; SIMPLE! lol  (If I could e-mail you a pic or two of my living/dining room, would love to know what colors you would recommend.  (Seeing as how I kind of suck at decorating : /.))

Answer
Showey and easy; ok.  Sponging and ragging are simple techniques.  The only thing you have to decide is whether to sponge/rag "on" or "off".  If you prefer a bolder look, rag or sponge on; if subtle is better, rag or sponge off.  

Visit www.fauxlikeapro.com for step by step instruction.  And with any faux painting technique, use 3 colors; base coat, plus two other colors.  The last color you add to the wall is the one you will see the MOST.

Take your color cues from your favorite shades, your furniture, a favorite picture or just a color that makes you happy.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik