Decorating & Furniture/painting

Hi, I have a bathroom which needs a quick spruce up, its my mther-in law's, she won't agree to a major job as she very old and doesn't want workmen trailing in and out over a period, so I would like to know is it possible to paint over the tiles which are the entire area in her bathroom, its my intention to replace toilet, sink and shower which can be done in a day, so what do I use and will it be a success?  

Thanks for the question.  The only way to paint over tile and have it hold up is to use paint that is specifically made for tile and glass.  It isn't "cheap". I've found it at craft stores (i.e., Michael's Crafts, JoAnn's ETC)The brand name that immediately comes to mind is Glossies, although they have more than one brand available.  You want the kind that "cures" without being placed in an oven.

My suggestion from a cost standpoint is to "sponge" or "rag on" the paint over the tiles, giving it a new, textured appearance.  If you use more than one color, apply the color you want to see the MOST of last.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology