Decorating & Furniture/painting

Question
my walls are rough, not sure if you would call it stipple, as the bumps are kind of flat...i have painted the walls white, but want some contrast....would i be able to use wallpaper borders.....or, could i use a faux finish like sponging or something......perhaps the whole wall, or maybe just a painted on border of some sort

Answer
Wallpapering over any sort of textured finish often gives less than satisfactory results.  No matter how slight the texture, it will "show" through wallpaper.  

If you want to "paint on" a border, go for it.  I think that would be more interesting and certainly more creative than wallpaper anyway.  

If you'd like additional information on faux finishing visit www.fauxlikeapro.com.  There's a wealth of information there and specific "how to's" for different finishes.  

Thanks for your question.  
Blessings,
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik