Decorating & Furniture/painting my chat room/kitchen

I have dark brown leather furniture in my chat room and bar stools in the kitchen and also a dark brown mirror w/a credenza.  I have granite kitchen counters w/grey, black, tan and a bit of a rose color in them.  I have red and sage green accent pieces in my kitchen and chat room area.  I don't want it too dark but I want a bold color and then something that will coordinate well going into my dining area.  Any suggestions?  Also, my fireplace is in a corner between 2 walls, do I paint that the same color as the walls or a lighter shade?  Any advice would be great, I've been trying to figure it out for many months now.  Thank you!

Hi Noreen,
What's a chat room?  Is this a catchy phrase for a dining room?  How many windows do you have between the two spaces?  How large of an area are you talking about between the two rooms.  And where is the fireplace?  Is it also in these two rooms? Does it have a mantel & if so, is it wood stained or painted?
I need you to answer these questions for me Noreen before I can even hope to answer any of yours.
PS How did you find out about this Experts sight?

Decorating & Furniture

Lora Mac Alistaire

Though I don't personally design furniture, I have made a few new pieces over the years, out of things that have been thrown away. In other words, I like to take something old and give it new life...

Owning my own Design and Painting company, I've had the pleasure of helping people realize their "Dream Rooms". In other words, after asking them a few questions about favorite places or a certain "Feeling" they want to have while in the room, I can then take those ideas and create a room that will bring years of enjoyment.

AA in English I'm fascinated by color and how it can impact your life, so I've taken quite a few classes over the years dealing with color