Decorating & Furniture/painting dilemna

I dont really know a lot about painting but I had this bright idea to paint my room yellow.  Um unfortunately the color looks too bright on my wall is there anything I can do to tone it down or will I have to re-do the entire room with more primer and another color? help please.  

Thanks for writing.  Unfortunately, you selected the hardest color to paint - yellow.  I've known professional painters who had to literally put on 10 or more coats to make the color correct.  

My best suggestion is one of two things - either sponge paint over the yellow with another color (this means the yellow still shows through) or paint another color entirely.  If the color you select is darker than the yellow, you will not have to add a primer.  Check with your local paint store/supplier to be sure.

PS:  If you want to know more about sponge painting, visit or  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology