Decorating & Furniture/painting foyer and hallway

Question
My front door opens to a foyer that I am now painting a Tibetan Red.  When you are standing in the foyer you are looking down a hallway about 3 feet wide that leads to the three rooms and bathroom, the laundry has two bifolding doors that are the first on the left and a door leading to the garage on the right.  Right now the hallway is a bright white with oak molding around all doors and base boards.  The bedroom doors are an offwhite and the garage door is wood (don't know why) we bought it this way.  We have toyed with the idea of putting up bead board and chair rail, or just chair rail with painting the bottom and top different colors but complimenting each other.  

Answer
Dear Kelly,
  If you have a more traditional style home I would use the bead board with chair rail and keep it a natural wood or white. If you have more of a contemporary, modern home I would do just the chair rail and as far as paint goes I would do a darker red color on the bottom and a a creamy beige for the top. If you decide with just the chair rail I would paint the lower portion darker. It is still hard to say what to do without seeing pictures. If you would like more information please email me at rminteriordecor@yahoo.com

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID