Decorating & Furniture/painting the kitchen

Question
i am purchasing a home that has the standard oak cabinets with bisque appliances. i have an eat in kitchen where i will place my  subltle contemporary 2 tone finish kitchen set in. the structure of the chairs are honey-ash, and the seating and back are a dark merlot.the table top and legs are honey-ash with merlot borders around the table. i've thought about using a sage green or possibly a soft peach. i would like to keep the contemporary stylefor my kitchen. my favorite color is an icy gray blue, but that probably wouldn't work. any suggestions for me to achieve my goal?

Answer
Thanks for your question.  The sage green will work best with the merlot, and will actually accent it.  But before you decide to go paint shopping, consider the icy gray blue.  If it is a light to medium shade, it will work in the space.  If it's too pale (same for the green) the color will be absorbed by the oak cabinets.

You also mentioned peach.  I would not recommend that because the peach next to the oak will look too "same".

You didn't mention what color your counters are.  That may help you make the decision between the green and your favorite blue.

Hope this helps you decide.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik